Sunday, January 06, 2008

Mommy tag

1. How long have you been a Mom?
For 3.5 years

2. How many kids call you mommy?
Two super sweet boys.

3. When you were pregnant did you know what you were having?
Yes. We found out by ultrasound but before that we pretty much knew we were going to have boys. Plus I have a "source" that can foretell the gender of her children and grandchildren. I believe her record is 23 correct and one not so correct! For the record she says I am having a girl, which is what I believe also. We find out on Feb 4, 2008.

4. How old were you when you became a mom?
24

5. How long were you in labor?
With Nathan, I was in labor for 5 hours. My "water broke" and then I pushed through three contractions and there he was, a huge 9lb 4oz, 22" red headed baby boy! On Timothy, I was induced and I think my labor was around 10 hours, pushed for maybe 15 minutes. You can read all about on a prior post.

6. What’s your favorite thing about being a mom?
I LOVE bedtime! There is something about giving them a bath, putting on the pjs, reading books, hugs and kisses and then to experience the peace and quiet that comes after a full day of "fun"! Another thing I love is being the absolute favorite person in the whole world to my kids. Nobody ranks higher than their dear old Momma (I try to soak it up because it only lasts so long)!l

7. What’s your least favorite thing?
The whining and lack of sleep.

8. Do you want more kids?
Yes, but we'll take them one at a time and see how many we can handle!

9. Have you ever taken your kid(s) on a trip?
Yes. They have been on flights with us to visit family and we drove from Georgia to Arizona last summer with both of them in our packed Honda Accord. Staying at hotels with kids is not fun!

10. How many times have you been peed on?
Not too many, thank goodness!

11. How many times have you been vomited on?
Nathan unloaded on me during our Ream family reunion luncheon. Yeah, I'm sure we spoiled lunch for quite a few that day. I was glad they were my family and not strangers! I think it has happened since but nothing can quite compare to the first time it happens.

12. Are your kids named after someone?
Nathan Thomas is named after brothers on both sides of the family and other ancestors. Timothy David is named after Dave's uncle who died of cancer at age 35(?) and ancestors on both sides of our family. His middle name after his daddy, especially since he was born on his birthday.

13. When is the last time you had a sitter?
Two days ago. I cannot be more grateful to have girls in our church who are willing to babysit our kids. We LOVE having so many options and to have them live so close!

14. When your kid gets in trouble, who is the bad guy?
Usually me, Dave works most of the time they are awake. Although on weekends he might get the title.

15. What is the longest you have been away from your kid(s)?
Two weeks in Eastern Europe. This was a huge step for me and we made the most of it. We visited Dave's parents in Ukraine and spent one night in Munich, Germany.

16. Are your toes painted?
Yes, but really need to see some polish remover.

17. Last movie you saw in theater?
The very last one was The Polar Express at the IMAX, Arizona Mills, but we had the kids so needless to say I didn't really "see" the movie. I did see the new National Treasure last week though.

18. One thing you will not give up just because you’re a mom:
I don't know how to answer this question. I'm drawing a blank, does that mean I've given up everything? Perhaps date night is something I'll never give up.

19. One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom?
I liked Lindsey's answer, freedom! Most couples without kids don't have a clue.

20. Favorite Cartoon:
I really like the Backyardigans!

21. Favorite Snack:
Anything salty. I like salt and vinegar chips!

22. When the kid(s) are napping, you are:
Usually only one of them naps now, but I find myself doing laundry, fixing a meal, cleaning house or browsing the internet and hopefully soon I'll be scrapbooking on the computer (New Year's Resolution).

23. Where is/are your kid(s) now?
Right by their mommy, like always! They can't get enough of me!

24. If I could do it over, I’d do this differently:
Give up wanting to be in control of everything and just enjoy life more.

25. What is a lesson you’ve learned as a parent?
Repent and forgive! I cannot say enough about needing the Savior to help in the weak areas of my life. Don't try to take a nap it will only make you angrier because it is NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE with more than one child!

I thought this would be an easy way to make my first post of the new year and since I didn't post anything in 2007 (sorry about that).

I tag anyone that wants to do this! Lindsey Snow, thanks for your post.

1 comment:

Leezy Lindsey said...

The hotel is what I don't like about vacationing with kids. It's pretty much impossible for everyone to get a good night's sleep!

Congrats on baby #3! Your boys are adorable!