Friday, February 27, 2009

Scooby Doo, where are you?


It is a mystery worth solving.

Scooby Doo has become a favorite or more like an obsession to Nathan. I don't really care for it but he loves it so he wins the battle some times. So we found this copy at the library and brought it home only to lose it within three days. I have been searching everywhere for it.

Yesterday I had to go to the library to pick up Jane Eyre and to finally tell the librarian that we lost the beloved Scooby Doo. She talked me out of paying for it right then and said I had three more renewal periods left, so I listened to her and decided to hold off. I thought for sure this is only prolonging the inevitable and I would be back soon to pay the $20 for the video.

So today I got around to filing the stack of papers next to my desk and guess what was under a few bills... A Pup Named Scooby Doo, Volume 2!! I couldn't believe it. I vaguely remember putting it in a safe place before the Valentine's rush so we wouldn't lose it. Haha! I will always remember the Andersen home Scooby Doo mystery adventure. Next time I think I'll make a post it note of where I put things I want safe. I'm just glad I saved $20. Now we can afford a babysitter for tonight. Any takers?

3 comments:

Miss said...

Yeah! You found it! :) Great news!!

AJ Curtis said...

Great story!!

However, no good Scooby Doo caper can end without an unmasking and "I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those darn kids!"

You should see if anyone's been wearing a mask around your house. It could be your one of your neighbors. :)

Have a great date night!!

J Johnson said...

I've had that happen before also. I have to limit the amount of items my kids can check out just so I can control "watching" the items. I'm just glad Las Vegas has an amnesty week where they delete all fines if you return the item.