Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Recovering from a flu bug


Hello blog readers! I have been MIA because of an awful flu bug. I plan on updating my web album soon with pictures from February. We hope to recover soon and be back to full health and strength. Being pregnant and sick is not fun at all. I have another ultrasound tomorrow so we'll see how Liberty is doing then. The name Liberty has sort of stuck with us so it will probably end up being her name unless we are struck in the head with something else. I hope to deliver her some time around the 4th of July.

I hate not knowing the side effects on a fetus from taking drugs while sick. I have a bad cough that keeps me up much of the night and I am now resorting to natural cough remedies that I can make in my own kitchen. Here is one of them:

1 t honey
1 T lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
add mixture to a little bit of water and drink immediately.

OR

For those of us who just like it sour, 1/2 lemon, squeezed fresh, with some water and drink immediately. I haven't tried this yet because I don't have any lemons but I'm going to brave the local Sprouts grocery store and find some.

I did concoct this remedy this morning:

  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 Tablespoon honey
  • 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar (used white balsamic)
  • 2 Tablespoons water
    Mix and take by the teaspoon.
WHOA: Be careful with remedy above. I just took it again and this time it was harsh! Yikes, I hope my senses are awakened after that crazy teaspoon!

I will let you all know if this works well for me tonight. I don't think I've got a solid night's rest since early last week. For those stay at home moms out there, you know how this can make you crazy and insane, especially if you have young children surrounding you throughout the day. Oh the joys of motherhood.

I have come to realize that I better be grateful for a healthy body 95% of the year. How amazing our bodies are when they are healthy and strong, not to mention how easy it really is to get things accomplished when we are feeling well.

More exciting news to come.

No comments: