Saturday, April 19, 2008

"Where your treasure is there will your heart be also."

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Matthew 6:19-21)

Is it just me or has the world turned away from Jesus' declaration. I am constantly reminding myself to not be selfish and to remember my purpose here on earth. This is much easier said then done, especially since we are surrounded and bombarded with the world's perception of the good life. What I find interesting is when I sacrifice my own selfish desires and focus on others, I am a happier and better person. Less time focusing on self (own problems) and more time to help others and realizing that my life really isn't so bad.

One of the best quotes I have ever heard: "The laughter of the world is merely loneliness pathetically trying to reassure itself." Elder Neal A. Maxwell

I have to remind myself to really enjoy the time I have with my boys while they are so small and young. They are completely sweet and fully loving of me and my imperfections. Who wouldn't want to be loved so completely and effortlessly? Before I know it they'll talk back and think that their Mom and Dad are complete morons.

A quote from President Monson: "There is no tomorrow to remember if we don't do something today, and to live most fully today, we must do that which is of greatest importance. Let us not procrastinate those things which matter most."

I like to tell myself that my blogging is so sporadic because I'm doing such a good job in the Mommy seat. Truly time is just whizzin' by and you really have to choose what you want to spend your time doing each day.

Timothy - 18 Months



Nathan - 3.75 years ;)



Take the time to cherish the dailiness of life.

2 comments:

Sierra said...

Good quotes. Thanks for the reminder. It's easy to get distracted in today's greedy consumer-driven world.
Have you read A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle yet? Your post totally sincs up with his message about "things" being temporary and of little importance and that BEING in the NOW gives us focus us on what is most important.
Enjoy the NOW that you have with those handsome boys of yours. Kaia reminds me every day how good I have it... even when she is a little monster, she is pure and I love her like crazy! Take care. Hope all is well.

Cope girls said...

You ARE a great mom, in every way! Jen