Thursday, June 12, 2008

Jolly Ranchers Sour Blasts

First off, I love Jolly Ranchers, but my all time favorite candy is anything super sour--my mouth is already beginning to water. So I first tried these candies while I was in Utah for my sisters' graduation. My sister, Kate, introduced me to them.

I have been on the hunt for these so that I can have them in the hospital when I deliver this baby (EDD: July 8). I have looked for them at Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, Frys, Bashas, etc., and to no avail. So this week I finally got around to donating some of our stuff to Goodwill. We went inside to find some treasures for the boys, basically anything with wheels would work, and while I'm checking out I notice some green bags of candies. Low and behold, it is THE SOUR JOLLY RANCHERS!!! I couldn't believe it. What are the odds of finding the exact candy I've been looking for at a thrift store. I bought four bags (should have bought them all--8 total) and was completely in disbelief.

I truly believe this was a tender mercy from the Lord. I had a HORRIBLE week previous and this was one of those ah-ha moments that I felt the Lord is truly mindful of me. Something so dumb and little as a sour candy and yet the Spirit bore witness that this small miracle was specific for me. We have to notice and appreciate the little and small things before we're able to see the whole picture of how Heavenly Father directs our lives for good.

4 comments:

Thatcher Family said...

I'm so glad you posted this! Too funny! I've had moments like this too and the only one who gets to read them is me (in my journal). Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your blasts!!!

Sierra said...

I didn't realize that our due dates were so close together. I'm scheduled for July 14th! Congrats on finding your candy. I love it when God surprises us with little love notes. That was yours for the day and I'm glad you recognized it. Best of luck in the big upcoming adventures. Hope your last few weeks are bearable and that everything comes out ok. :)

Carrie said...

You're too funny! I'll keep my eyes open for ya, I know how it is when that **one and only** candy will do : )

KT said...

I found some at our local grocery store HEB! Let me know if you ever get low! I can't believe you are going to have another baby soon! I can't wait to see if she ends up with the treasured red hair or blonde or who knows?! Miss you!